How does it work?
To use this service, you need to download the smou app and sign up.
Smou is the Barcelona app that helps you to get around, providing access to information and mobility services to make it easy for you to move around the city.
With smou, you can activate the electric recharging points and know its location.
• Download the smou app.
• Register your information and create your user account.
• Activate the Endolla service and recharge your vehicle.
• And if you have an electric vehicle card, link it to your user and vehicle.
With smou, you can reserve a street recharging point 20 minutes in advance, selecting the recharging point in the map.
Where can I recharge my vehicle?
You can recharge your vehicle at points located on public highways or others, in municipally owned underground car parks.
Check smou to find your nearest recharging point, choosing the "Endolla Barcelona" option and selecting the blue or green logos depending on whether you are looking for, an on-street point or an underground car park point.
What types of plugs you can find?
- In the underground car parks you will find slow-recharging points with Schuko and Mennekes connectors.
- For one-off on-street recharging, there are points with Schuko connectors for motorbikes and fast-recharging points with Chademo, CCS and Mennekes connectors for cars.
Which are the advantages of having an electric vehicle in Barcelona?
- 75% rebate on the mechanically powered vehicle tax.
- Free vehicle registration.
- Free to use VAO lanes.
- Exempt from paying tolls on motorways belonging to the Government of Catalonia (ecoviaT).
- Free parking in blue and green AREA parking places, keeping to the maximum parking times and regulated hours. Except for residents’ parking spaces and reserved spaces (people with reduced mobility, administration, bus, police, etc.).
- A subsidy of 50% is given for installing charging points in buildings built before 1981.
(*) The card does not allow users to park in spaces exclusively for local residents.
Barcelona backs electric mobility
The advantages of electric mobility are particularly felt in three spheres: energy, environment, economy.
- Energy advantages: greater energy efficiency, reduced dependence on fossil fuels and the integrated use of renewable energies.
- Environmental advantages: no polluting emissions and less noise pollution.
- Economic advantages: consolidates an innovative industrial sector, contributes to territorial balance, speeds up the development of smart energy grids and enables connectivity and interaction with ICTs.